What you’ll be doing...
- Manages regional network projects related to distributed antenna system (DAS) installations, new builds, small cells and existing system upgrades.
- Facilitates the ordering of requisite materials for new systems and modifications to existing systems.
- Works closely with Real Estate, Equipment Engineers and RF Engineers to ensure construction issues are pro-actively identified and resolved and requirements are met.
- Works with outside vendors including General Contractors, Architectural and Engineering firms and Construction Management firms on project scope, design and plans to meet VZW standards, local code requirements and project schedules.
- Facilitates weekly routine planning and working sessions with critical stakeholders and regional Network Assurance Managers to review project scope, define issues, develop deliverables and associated timelines, assign primes and track action items.
- Develops and maintains a detailed schedule for each project and actively manages the scheduled tasks with outside vendors including major milestones, action items, long lead purchases and any other commitments that would impact the project schedule.
- Understands impact of changes from the original schedule and takes required corrective actions to ensure the project stays on schedule.
- Coordinates and oversees the issuance of RFQs and the evaluation of responses; based on VZW purchasing requirements, provides detailed analysis and recommendations for the best candidates and issues purchase orders using PeopleSoft Purchasing system.
- Reviews Close Out Packages to ensure projects are completed with high quality and according to the project scope.
- Completes receipts of service purchase orders and ensures that invoices are paid in a timely manner according to federal and state regulations.
- Manages the regional monthly capital plan as it relates to all assigned projects ensuring spending accuracy in monthly forecasting and performing monthly reconciliation of YTD monthly spending by budget item.
- Provides regular project status reports to management and the project team.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with budget tracking, cost estimation and cost accounting of capital plans.
Even better if you have:
- A degree
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated large-scale project management experience with three or more years process/program management experience.
- Three or more years in telecommunications / data networking or wireless industry.
- General construction knowledge and DC plant design knowledge of Ericsson LTE equipment.
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills, ability to work independently and make decisions within the guidelines of company business standards.
- Results oriented, strong sense of urgency, proactive and flexible.
- Proven ability to manage heavy workload, be detailed oriented and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to quality and the motivation and ability to work well in a team environment.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2519336-construction-engineer
• Post ID: 10192542 honolulu