Posted: Friday, February 2, 2018 1:34 PM
At NTT DATAwe know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company's growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
Roles and Responsibilties:
- Perform work that requires a practical knowledge of the nature and operations of submarine repairs / refurbishments, and the materials, facilities and capabilities of the various repair activities available to perform these repairs and alterations.
- The Quality Assurance Specialist must understand the unique requirements of nuclear powered vessels, SOC, FBW and SUBSAFE, and the QA and objective quality evidence required of such repairs.
- The Quality Assurance Specialist will administer a Departure from Specification (DFS) system for submarines to:
:Establish and maintain systems of processing requests for DFSs.
:Review and evaluate DFS requests and obtain clarification of technical specifications from military customer, where appropriate.
:Assist Ships Force in preparing and processing Departure from Specifications (DFS) as allowed by JFMM. Obtain customer approval of DFS when required by the appropriate military customer directive, technical specification or manual.
:Ensure submission of form 4790/2K to document DFS required action in CSMP.
:Maintain files of outstanding DFSs.
:Aggressively pursue clearing of DFSs.
- The Quality Assurance Specialist will advise and assist the Material/Quality Assurance Officer on matters pertaining to Quality Assurance, SOC, FBW and SUBSAFE programs including:
:Organize and implement a QA program to carry out the provisions of the Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual (JFMM) and P:9290.
:Organize and implement a program for submarines to verify performance of required maintenance to sustain the material condition necessary to support URO to authorized operating depth.
:Ensure ship's certification continuity report for submarines, when required by JFMM, is received before the ship is underway. Review the ships underway certification continuity report to ensure that it is in the proper format and includes all reports required.
:Performing audits of forces afloat controlled work procedures following dry:docking and depot:level availabilities
:The Quality Assurance Specialist performs annual SUBSAFE/SOC/FBW awareness training for staff members that routinely review SUBSAFE/SOC/FBW objective quality evidence, and makes determinations on
:SUBSAFE/SOC/FBW DFSs and performs other SUBSAFE/SOC/FBW work oversight functions.
:Provides monthly training to submarine QA and Assistant QA Officers on topics and requirements from the JFMM, SUBSAFE manual and other technical manuals as directed by the Material Officer.
:Other duties as assigned by Quality Assurance Officer and agreed to by NDFG.
:High School Diploma orGED equivalent
Required Experience and Qualifications:
:Requires an active Secret clearance
:Typically requires at least 10 years relevant experience without a Degree; 4+ years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; 3+ years relevant experience with Graduate degree
:10+ years of relevant experience in submarine maintenance, IMA, or submarine repair.
:10+ years of relevant experience in developing submarine work procedures and test equipment certification requirements.
:10+ years of relevant experience and knowledge in the operation of submarine systems and equipment.
:10+ years of relevant experience and knowledge in the JFMM, SUBSAFE/SOC requirements, and submarine repair instructions.
:Requires 3+ years of relevant experience in Submarine Material Office (Squadron or NSSC) experience.
:Proficient with computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project)
• Location: Honolulu (Oahu), pearl harbor
• Post ID: 9835792 honolulu